Manak, Kulwant Singh—158218
To view the decision against this individual, click
the decision below.
Outcome: Referral to Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal
Outcome date: 29
Published date: 11
Firm or organisation at time of matters giving
rise to outcome
Name: Heer Manak
5 Queen Victoria Road, Coventry, West Midlands CV1 3JL
Firm ID: 444969
This outcome was reached
by SRA decision.
This notification relates to a Decision to prosecute before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. This is an independent Tribunal which will reach its own decision after considering all the evidence, including any evidence put forward by the Solicitor. The Tribunal has certified that there is a case to answer in respect of allegations which are or include that he:
- Caused or permitted monies to be withdrawn from client account;
- Failed to remedy a cash shortage promptly;
- Obtained a loan from a client without: -insisting that the client take independent legal advice; providing any security, or preparing any legal documentation to confirm the loan,
- Failed to comply with Rule 30 of the Solicitors Accounts Rules;
- Failed to return promptly client monies to clients;
- Acted in property transactions which bore the hallmarks of fraud;
- Failed to comply with an undertaking;
- Failed to supervise adequately or at all the work undertaken by staff;
- Constructed false documents and provided misleading information to third parties, to include clients and/or the SRA;
- Acted recklessly;
- Acted without integrity and in a way likely to diminish the trust the public placed in them and the legal profession.
The allegations are subject to a Hearing before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal and are as yet unproven.
Help and more information