To view the decision against this individual, click
the decision below.
Outcome: Referral to Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal
Outcome date: 26
Published date: 4
Firm or organisation at date of publication and
at time of matters giving rise to outcome
Name: Clinch Solicitors
Address(es):Barnett House, 53 Fountain Street, Manchester, Lancashire M2 2AN
Firm ID: 598975
This outcome was reached
by SRA decision.
This notification relates to a Decision to prosecute before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. This is an independent Tribunal which will reach its own decision after considering all the evidence, including any evidence put forward by the Solicitor. The Tribunal has certified that there is a case to answer in respect of allegations which are or include that:
- Mr Davies, who is not a solicitor and who was employed by Clinch & Co, has been guilty of conduct of such a nature that in the opinion of the SRA it will be undesirable for him to be employed by a solicitor in connection with his or her practice as a solicitor in that he;
- intimated and pursued personal injury claims in circumstances where the purported client(s);
- had not returned signed client retainers, signed CFA’s or any other written confirmation of instructions stating they wished the firm to act on their behalf; and /or
- had notified the firm they did not wish to pursue a personal injury claim;
- he made representations to Third Party Insurers which were inaccurate and misleading;
- The allegations are subject to a Hearing before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal and are as yet unproven.
Help and more information