SRA standards charter
Last updated 7 July 2014
We will be the leading regulator of legal services, protecting the public, empowering, supporting and developing our people, providing value for money, fair and transparent outcomes and service excellence in everything we do.
We are committed to providing a high standard of service that is fair, effective and inclusive, making it clear what you can expect from us and what we ask of you in return. As part of this commitment, we will:
- listen to you and provide you with the information you need to enable you to use our services effectively;
- ensure our services are easily accessible;
- deal with your issue or enquiry as soon as we can;
- be open and transparent in our decision-making processes; and
- take any complaints that we receive seriously and use your feedback to help improve our services.
In response to our commitment, we ask that you:
- treat our staff with respect and courtesy;
- allow us reasonable time and opportunity to deal with your issue or enquiry, providing all the information we need to assist us in doing so;
- let us know if you have any particular communication needs or require information in an alternative format or language so we can consider whether we are able to accommodate these;
- let us know if you have a disability and require any reasonable adjustments to our services; and
- understand that, due to the confidential nature of our investigations and the need to target our resources as effectively as possible, we may be unable to share certain information with you or keep you informed about the progress of a case.
Complaints about our service
We recognise that we may not always provide the level of service that we would like and welcome the opportunity to consider and respond to any concerns which may arise. Our Complaints Policy provides details about how to make a complaint if you are unhappy with the level of service that you have received from us.
For the regulated community
For consumers and the public
Departments also publish specific charters relating to the process and service levels they provide.