Diversity and inclusion
Inclusion is central to all we do. We are committed to promoting good practice in respect of equality and diversity in all our work.
We value, respect and celebrate differences, and enjoy the benefits these bring to the culture and performance of our organisation.
We ensure that our people reflect the diversity of the public whose interests we serve by:
- Making our recruitment and selection policy and procedures as accessible as possible
- Monitoring our processes rigorously for any disproportionality and - in the event of any disproportionality - developing targeted activities to address this
- Providing a working environment that is accessible to all and supporting and promoting the varied needs of our staff
- Applying the provisions of our disability confident accreditation in our recruitment and select activities, ensuring that we are responsive to the needs of disabled people
- Continuously striving for improvement, working with key partners and stakeholders to share learning and engage in benchmarking activities
We work closely with our staff in delivering our commitments. We have an active Employee Forum and Business Champions Group; colleagues use these two groups as a vehicle to drive forward change.