Part of what we do at the SRA is to develop policy and regulation that:
- Gives solicitors more flexibility and make it easy to provide flexible services
- Encourages the provision of flexible, accessible and affordable services for the public
- Protects the public and helps them to understand what the protections are
- Makes sure individuals have the right skills when they enter the profession
- Makes sure that individuals work to clear ethical standards and deliver a proper standard work
We have a number of projects that will deliver these objectives. They are:
Looking to the future
We are reviewing our approach to regulation as set out in the SRA Handbook. Find out more on our approach to regulation.
Training for Tomorrow
We are reviewing the education and training of solicitors to make sure that solicitors are competent. Find out more on Training for Tomorrow.
This is our work to ensure that our regulation protects consumers of legal services where they need protection. Find out more on consumer protection.